The NEW Triumph Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R take the legacy of the first factory street fighter to a completely new level in terms of performance, agility, power, handling and capability.
Centered around a new 1050cc triple engine, the new Speed Triple S and R redefine the naked performance roadster. The new engine features 104 new developments that combine to deliver more power and, more importantly, more torque across the whole rev range whilst still delivering an increase of up to 10% fuel efficiency. These developments include a new combustion chamber, new cylinder head, new machined crank, new piston design and new ‘Ride-by-Wire’ throttle bodies. Additional developments also include a slip assist clutch, smaller, more efficient radiator and a new free-flowing exhaust that has a 70% increase in flow rate.
The NEW Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R also feature a suite of rider-focused technology. Among the features that add to the Speed Triple’s performance and capability are a new ECU coupled to a new adjustable Ride-by-Wire throttle with selectable throttle maps that increase the feel, responsiveness and control. There are now five distinct riding modes to choose from: Road, Rain, Sport, Track and a new Rider Configurable mode, that all allows the rider to set-up the motorcycle to the optimum performance relative to road conditions or environment.
Key to the new Speed Triple S and R is the aggressive, athletic styling and a narrow, focused design. A low, lithe stance is accentuated by sleek new bodywork and a completely new, Daytona 675R-inspired, tailpiece. All of which has been achieved without losing any of the naked minimalist beauty that is synonymous with the Speed Triple.
The new Triumph Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R redefine the Speed Triple legend – delivering the perfect balance of power, handling, capability and character in two new performance roadsters designed for maximum fun and maximum thrills with maximum attitude.
Speed Triple S
Spec highlights include:
• New triple engine with 104 new components
• Improved peak power and torque spread across entire rev range
• Ride-by-Wire throttle
• 5 Rider Modes including a Track Mode
• Rider-selectable ABS
• Rider-selectable traction control linked to Rider Modes
• Brembo monobloc front brake calipers
• Fully adjustable suspension, front and rear
• Redesigned, narrower radiator
• Restyled radiator shrouds, rear bodywork and silencers
• Choice of two distinctive colorways:
• Diablo Red
• Phantom Black
Speed Triple R
In addition to the Triple S spec:
• Carbon fiber front mudguard
• Carbon fiber fuel tank infill panels
• Higher specification, fully adjustable suspension:
• Öhlins NIX30 upside down front forks
• Öhlins TTX36 rear shock
• High quality finishing details:
• Billet-machined handlebar clamps, risers, swingarm pivot covers and rear wheel finisher
• Choice of two bespoke paint schemes and detailing:
• Crystal White
• Matt Graphite
• Red painted sub-frame, wheel pinstripes, radiator cowls
• Red seat stitching detail